Build Yae Miko is an unusual character in the game Genshin Impact, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t a powerhouse. While she may not be your first thought when building characters, she doesn’t require any special knowledge to play and pick up.
She is also the first Genshin Impact character you use in her Impact form. Her kit offers some interesting possibilities. Therefore, she is definitely a character you can build around if you play well.
This guide will give you everything you need to know about build Yae Miko, including combos, control, damage, and more!
What does Yae Miko do?
Build Yae Miko’s main attack will shoot out Electro balls that will damage enemies multiple times, and if an Electro attack hits them, they’ll get a 20% chance to explode, dealing AoE damage.
Her Elemental Skill will send out a large ball that will bounce off enemies multiple times. Enemies hit by this skill will receive a 40% chance to explode and deal with AoE damage. Each enemy hit by the ball will count towards her Elemental Burst, so you want to make sure all your attacks are connecting as much as possible.
And since Yae Miko has two elements, she can easily create Electro-Charged or Superconduct status effects for all enemies in the area of effect. Here are the best builds and comps for a one of the best genshin impact character builds.
Best Artifacts Set
Yae Miko needs a good set of artifacts to do her work efficiently. The best artifact set for Yae Miko is the Noblesse Oblige Set. This artifact set has two pieces, and it can be acquired from the owner of a bookstore in Mondstadt.
You will have to spend 40 Sigils and 40 Mystic Enhancement Ores from him to get this artifact set. The first piece will increase Elemental Burst DMG by 20%. The second piece will increase Elemental Mastery by 80. When both pieces are equipped, Elemental Burst DMG increases by an additional 25%.
Yae Miko has a lot of options when it comes to weapons. You can choose any weapon that suits your playstyle. The best option is Skyward Blade because it gives a 5% elemental damage bonus that increases by 1% every 4 seconds, up to a maximum of 10%, for the next 12 seconds.
It also generates an Elemental Particle every 0.3 seconds, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character, which allows you to spam your skills more often.
Another good option is Sacrificial Greatsword because it has an ATK Bonus of 20-40%. Lastly, you can use Favonius Sword if you want to generate energy more often because it generates 1 Energy for its wielder every 4 seconds.
Best Team Composition
Well, there is no doubt that Yae Miko is a pretty interesting character in Genshin Impact. She is a ranged attacker that uses her bow to deal damage. Her elemental skill lets her summon the archery goddess Yaoyue and fire several arrows at once.
On the other hand, her elemental burst summons the goddess to deal constant AoE damage, and enemies can also attack the goddess.
So, here are some of the best team comps for Yae Miko:
- Yae Miko – Childe/Tartaglia – Klee – Venti. This is the most famous composition at the moment, and it’s easy to see why. It’s pretty much an overall well-balanced party. Her burst allows Childe to switch from bow to sword form, which gives him a massive boost in damage, making him one of the strongest DPS characters in the game at the moment.
- Yae Miko – Bennett – Xiangling – Fischl. If you have these characters, this is probably your best option. Even though Xiangling and Fischl may not be as strong as Diluc or Childe, they’re still great damage dealers that will benefit significantly from Yae Miko’s burst as well as her passive healing ability.
- Yae Miko – Lisa – Xiangling – Fischl. This is yet another balanced composition but with a focus on Pyro DPS. While it falls behind the previous one in terms of pure damage output, it makes up for it by having more survivability thanks to Lisa’s shield. This team also has some great support options if you need to switch things up, so if you’re looking for something more versatile, this might be the way to go.
- Yae Miko – Chongyun – Razor – Kaeya/Diluc. This is a powerful DPS composition that focuses on Cryo and Electro damage. It has an excellent burst potential and works well with any burst-oriented weapon. It’s also one of the best teams in the game right now, so if you’re looking to clear instances in good time, this might be a good option.
The best way to build Yae Miko is to prioritize her elemental skill and burst, increase her attack speed as much as possible, and use the rest of your stats on critical hit rate, critical hit damage, and energy recharge.
Yae Miko’s combo is:
- Start with an elemental skill
- Swap to your Claymore and use a charged attack
- Use her elemental burst
- Swap back to her dagger
- Press your normal attack button five times, which will chain together your 5-hit combo.
Her most vital stat is attack speed, so you’ll want that everywhere you can get it. While building up your artifacts, work on getting a four-piece Noblesse Oblige set with two pieces of Gladiator’s Finale artifacts.
If you’re going for this build early on, you’ll want to prioritize Noblesse Oblige, but if you have time to farm materials, you should focus on getting the complete set of Gladiator’s Finale since the 2-piece bonus isn’t all that useful for Yae Miko.
As a final thought, there are many other ways to play this character, and even more paths you can follow. But hopefully, this guide has given you enough information to consider playing Yae in Genshin Impact.
Of course, the above build is by no means not the only build you could make. Depending on circumstances, such as whether your weapon already has a good assist, you might want to choose a different combination of skills, and they are all viable options.
The key is to time your action correctly and know your opponent’s options as well as your own. Just remember that the best player is not the one with all the fancy abilities, but the one who can best use his/her character’s skills to gain victory.