The PlayStation 4 controller is also popular as DualShock 4. Is there a question in your mind as to how to pair the PS4 controller? If yes, we will answer the same here. If you wish, you can connect the console using Bluetooth. To establish sync between the PS4 controller with PlayStation 4, there are some simple steps to follow.
How to pair ps4 controller to phone?
Well, the steps are elementary, which you can follow for pairing the PS4 controller to the phone.
- Firstly, Take your Android phone, and turn on the Bluetooth of the phone. To switch on the Bluetooth, open the settings and land on the Bluetooth menu.
- Then. Ensure the phone remains in scan mode.
- Then. Use the controller, and simultaneously hold the Share button and PlayStation button for just for some seconds. The light of the controller will start blinking. This will be the indication that it’s in the pairing mode.
- Then. Get back on the phone. Search for the device named as Wireless Controller. Look in the list, which is close to Bluetooth devices. Now you have to tap that particular device to start the process of pairing.
- Then. The moment you witness, the controller’s light stopped blinking, what it means? It indicates success achieved. You will get confirmation on the phone stating that the connection happened successfully.
If all the above steps are done correctly, you’ll be connected. Now you can use the controller for navigating the Android UI. So now you know how to pair the PS4 controller to the phone.
How to pair PS4 controller to PC?
So, if you know how to connect a PS4 controller to a PC will be useful. In case you are one of the devoted PC gamers or a PS4 purist, you will find the helpful concept. Learn how to pair the PS4 controller to the PC.
A. So, Download the DS4Windows. The use of the PS4 DualShock 4 controller on the PC is quite simple. Although the concept is not plug-and-play, and you need to install the additional piece of software. Without the software, it will not be possible to work it on the PC.
Similarly, the software name is DS4Windows and connects the PS4 controller with the PC. It fools the PC. PC gets the impression that the DualShock 4 is nothing but Xbox 360 controller, supported by Windows. Likewise, visit the DS4Windows website and download the latest version from the page of GitHub.
B. Installation of DS4Windows. Try to identify the Zip file that you downloaded. Then right-click, placing the cursor on it. Now select ‘Extract All…’. You will see a window appearing. It will ask where you wish to extract the files. The decision is yours and either select to extract on the downloaded folder or choose some other folder.
After file extraction, the destination folder will open up, and you’ll find two files. The first one will be DS4Updater.exe, and it’s a program. It will help in the DS4Windows program update using the latest drivers. Well, running this file is important in case there are problems to encounter later.
Let’s move to file number 2. Take the cursor on the second file and Double-click on DS4Windows.exe. This will start the setup procedure. Once the setup process is over, the PS4 Dualshock Controller will begin working on the PC.
C. DS4Windows set-up. After the launch of DS4Windows, you’ll be enquired where you wish to save settings and profiles. If you ask for our suggestion will recommend using the default selection, and that is ‘Appdata.’
A new window will open up. Click on ‘Install the DS4 Driver,’ and it permits you to make use of the PS4 DualShock controller. Applicable in Windows 8, Windows 8.1, as well as Windows 10. Do you have Windows 7 or even an older version? If yes, then you are supposed to click on the ‘Install 360 Driver’.
D. Connecting PS4 controller with PC via USB. Now you are in a position to connect the PS4 DualShock 4 controller with your PC. There are two ways to do it. Use a USB cable, or you can make do it via Bluetooth.
For connecting the PS4 DualShock controller with your PC via a USB cable, look for a regular micro USB cable. We mean the same cable available with several modern smartphones.
Plugin the cable to the DualShock controller as well as your PC. Ensure Windows is detecting it. Now you are ready for playing your favorite PC games with the help of the PS4 controller.
E. Connecting the PS4 controller with PC via Bluetooth. The best part of using the PS4 DualShock 4 controller for PC is using it wirelessly. This gives excellent flexibility at the time of gaming.
The PS4 DualShock 4 controller needs Bluetooth. You need to ensure that your PC or laptop comes with a built-in Bluetooth receiver. If it’s not there, then go for Bluetooth USB dongle.
So, for connecting the PS4 controller via Bluetooth, you need to press and hold the central PS Button.
Next, press the Share button for a minimum of three seconds or till the time lightbar starts flashing at the controller top.
Now open Bluetooth settings on the PC. For Windows 10, you need to click on the speech bubble icon located on the Taskbar. You will find it at your screen’s bottom-right corner. It will open up the Action Center. Now click ‘Bluetooth’ and then click ‘Wireless Controller.’
If you are asked for a pairing code, then just type in 0000. With this, the PS4 DualShock controller will establish a connection wirelessly with your PC.
How to connect the PS4 controller without USB?
If you don’t have the USB cable with you, then too you can connect the PS4 controller? Wondering how to connect the PS4 controller without USB? Follow the below steps for the same.
- Firstly, in your PS4 dashboard, first, reach Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
- Then, On the PS4 controller that you wish to connect, first hold down your SHARE button as well as the PS button. Do it for 5 seconds.
- Then, the PS4 controller you are using should show up the screen of Bluetooth Devices. Now select it.
- Next, the PS4 controller needs to be connected with the console now. Now you are completely ready to enjoy your favorite games.
So, by this time, you know how to pair a PS4 controller without USB, with a PC, and with a Phone. It is completely on you to decide which one you wish to go with and why.