A wedding is one of the important ceremonies which unite two people for life. Wedding traditions and customs are not the same for all and it varies. Variations are there between cultures, religions, ethnic groups, countries, and also social classes. Now we will see that how to write wedding vows for him or her.
But the main mantra is a pure and holy union of two souls. Wedding vows are there in every religion only difference can be the way it’s taken.
Your wedding date confirmed. Planning is on full swing to make your wedding bell ringing a happening event. Without wedding vows, the ceremony will not be a complete one.
Writing the wedding vows?
Are you in a mood to write your wedding vows personally? It’s an emotional undertaking, for you. You need to go into flashback and sit down to attempt summing up the love, dreams, and promises. It needs to be emotional, humorous, romantic, and funny. The vows you will write need to short to cover in a few minutes.
When you read it, it should sound Overwhelming and touch the heart and soul of your partner. It’s an artistic way to share your story, tell guests about your journey as a couple. Vows need to share meaningful, touchy words for the person you madly love.
Grooms don’t feel much shy to take the wedding vows. Brides are seen as a little shy while taking the heartfelt wedding vows for him.
Why wedding vows are special?
Vows are romantic yet intimate. While taking the vows you bare out your heart to the person who is the love of your life. Vows are taken in front of the family and close friends and guests. So, it turns out to be a special episode in your life.
Getting married is one of the important promise full of love which is everlasting. Taking vows during the wedding is going to be one of the most romantic things for you. Penning down and vocally narrating the right words to express your love and devotion is very important
Tips for personalized wedding vows.
There is some significant importance for personalized and self-written wedding vows. We have with us a few tips which will help you to pen down your vows.
- Think about how the love story started or how you met. Take time to visualize the qualities which you admire of your partner. What clicked in your mind to decide that he/she is the one whom you wanted to spend life with?
What qualities attract him or her towards you? Writing the Vow which you are sure to continue to remain true is nostalgic. Lovingly invite your partner for taking the vows to create a memorable moment for you as a couple.
2. Dream about your future. How you will be planning for a family? What do you want to do both together? Think about what you wish to commit to your partner. A vow should be a promise to each other for facing life’s challenges together and overcome with
3. Dream about the hands of your partner you are holding. The hands you will be holding will be with you in thick and thin of life. Imagine the role of the hands helping you in changing diapers, kissing your cheek, patting your back appreciating your hard work at day end. Capture all the actions into words in include in the vows. Such vows will remain with you all the years to come making you feel blessed and happy.
4. A little bit of funny element is a must in your vows. Adding humor and fun factors will make it closer to the heart. Humor is entertaining, both partners and also for guests. Guests will enjoy the moments and laugh on the jokes you included in the vow.
5. Just like fun element vow need to be emotional. You can narrate stories and turn the tone inspirational and touchy. Your vows need to be an inspiration for other couples to visualize their relationship. It will help to turn things better for them in case there is any need.
More tips for wedding vows:
- Plan your wedding vows statement well before time. Last-minute writing of wedding vows will not give the desired output. Start at least 3 weeks before the wedding date.
- Prepare the list containing the thoughts you wish to share in vows. This will make your writing easy and fast.
- Prepare a minimum of 2-3 drafts of the wedding vows to keep a gap of at least a week between each draft. This will give freshness to your thought process. Compare the drafts to decide the best.
- Avoid including and everything in your vows. Pick only the highlight moments to share.
- Restrict the use of words like never and always. It most cases its difficult to live up to. Life is a roller coaster ride and so perfection we can’t expect. Avoid making vague promises.
- Practice being loud to read the vows. You need to be audible to the crowd attending the ceremony. Practice pauses and intonation.
- Talk to your friends for help. Ask the one who knows you both to make fine-tuning in the vow speech.
- Take all necessary measures to Keep the vows a secret for your partner till the wedding day.
You can add your personal touch in vow apart from the above tips. This will give uniqueness in the vows you write for your love. Brides are more emotional when they write the “wedding vows for him”. You will find the bride a better vow writer than a groom in most cases.
Ideal template features of wedding vows:
When you check traditional wedding vows you will find them very structured. For customized or personalized wedding vows there is no need to be so strict. Use your emotion while writing the funny wedding vows for him or her. Be prepared to make others inspired by your wedding vows. Some features need to be there in ideal wedding vows.
- Ensure to add “I love you.” Does it seem like what it’s so common? But wedding specialists accepted they remain shocked to see how several couples missed three little words in their vows. Never skip these 3 golden words of love.
- Will be with you in thick and thin. Major wedding vows be it traditional or personal Include words like sickness and health, good times or bad times, and rich or poorer. Such use of words lacks positivity in the wedding vows.
We need to understand that all marriages pass through certain cycles of ups and downs. It’s always nice to narrate your intent with words of positivity like thick and thin in the wedding vows.
- Narrate your personal stories. It will be interesting for guests or friends and family to know about your personal and high moments. Be honest and speak about the highs and lows your relationship face. Vows are not just of highs in life but also to memorize the lows and way the relationship continued.
- Make true promises. Vows should not be cute anecdotes only. Vows are promises and serious commitment that you are giving to partner in front of witnesses. Make the promise with a touch of humor but a genuine one to keep for life. This will entertain the gathering and will also deliver your thought to your partner.
- Speak about your expectations. Vows are not just for making commitments but also for sharing your expectations from a partner. Ask for the support that you expect from him or her to make this marriage work for life with blessings of almighty.
By this time, we are sure that you know how to write wedding vows for him or her. There are a few instances where you end up choosing your best friend as your partner. For the bride, after his father, a loyal friend is the one on whom she wants to trust. When this loyal friend turns the partner, for a lady writing “wedding vows for him my best friend” becomes easy.
Many are not competent in penning down their original feeling in soulful and meaningful words.
In such a scenario one can take the help of their friends or professional wedding vow writers. They will listen to your feelings and give words to it using their writing talent. It will one of the best and lovely gifts a bride or a groom can make to each other. Wedding vows are the first give for a man and a woman before starting the journey as a couple.